The Presidential Election and How it will Affect Veteran Affairs

As many of you probably know, this November will decide that fate of the world. You probably think I'm joking, which I am, but that does not take away anything from how important this upcoming election will be for not just veterans, but every single American citizen. As I've said in past blogs, I stay as far away as I can from choosing either left or right when it comes to politics and I will continue to do so because I'm not here to try and persuade you to believe in what I believe in. My goal for this blog has been and will always be a place to come and get honest, quality, sometimes humorous Veteran Affair updates. So when I start to dip into politics, don't start commenting and tweeting at me to stay in my lane. I do it only to inform you guys and keep you up to date. In my last blog I went over a little bit on what each candidate has said on what they will be doing to try and help veterans in their next four in office. President Trump has made claims to improve the funding for veterans with many other ideas that he has said he will put in place to ensure veterans will be much better off down the road these next years but I don't see it happening considering what he has done in his past. Vice President Biden on the other hand, has been very supportive of veterans in his 40 years in politics and has said he will do a much better of job at putting veterans up higher on the priorities list. Again, this is all verbal from each side but with a new party and candidate in office, I feel change is more apt to happen. In other news, a Vietnam Veteran was assaulted by a woman in Massachusetts for holding a sign stating "Veterans for Trump." The veteran was 73 years old and wasn't hurt in the incident but this case speaks a lot of volume to me. It is showing that our country right now still puts people's political beliefs as a crime. We need to learn as a whole country to just accept everyone doesn't agree with you and that even if they do believe in something, it shouldn't make them a bad person.


https://www.wcvb.com/article/veteran-in-douglas-massachusetts-assaulted-for-supporting-trump-police-say/34406251

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

President Trump

Veteran's in the news!

My New Idea!