Cultural Cartography

 After watching videos, pending a solid class period and several hours doing it for homework, I can say I have figured out what Cultural Cartography is and how it is immensely important in the social media world today. Buzzfeed, a very popular medio outlet broke social media down to almost a science. They divided it into 5 main categories, making it almost to be a personality test. After putting in a couple of examples of what I find very fascinating on the internet, I was given a breakdown of which parts of social media affect my as I watch it. Ironically, the column I checked off the most was education. After looking into it with more thought though, it does make more sense. My main reason in watching videos on the internet is to learn things about the topic because chances are I'm watching it to expand my knowledge on the topic. This tells me that I expect to take away from every video I watch because it's what I love to do and it's what keeps me sane. I can use this information in many ways that aren't just for my personal benefit. This chart allows me to see what types of social media I enjoy partaking in the most which will help me see what other people's interest are as well, giving me good information to see what I should and shouldn't do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Idea!

Veteran's in the news!

President Trump